Friday, November 8, 2019
Consumers Fuel Marina [Graphite Pencil] Description:
'Tis the story of my longest and most unproductive image production: On the same day that I took the picture used to create Cruiseship Independence in Belfast Harbor [Acrylic Paint], I also took a few other photographs. Among them were two nearly identical photos of the old marina next to Heritage Park. One of which I later printed alongside two other photographs I planned on using to create artwork. A few months later, work began on this picture. But then, about two weeks later, it came to a screeching halt; when Mema passed away. For years I had been creating artwork at her place. For years I had been showing her my progress as I created artwork. Without her, not only did I no longer have a good place to create artwork, but I also no longer had the motivation to complete the image. Over the next few months I did some work on this image during the occasional trip to the beach, but this was usually not very productive. So about a month ago when Josiah went to job corp, I used his desk to work on completing this picture. And after a few weeks I finally finished what I started back in March. Just in time for a November release.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment