Friday, July 10, 2020
Cape Cod Lighthouse [Watercolor Pencil] Description:
Among the items that I received for Christmas in 2013, was a tin of watercolor pencils: four colors plus a sketch pencil. One of the first things I created using them, was an image of a lighthouse, using an empty bag of Cape Cod® potato chips as a guide. That image, I gave to my mother as a gift. The occasion: her birthday if I'm not mistaken. That picture was the first, and so far, the only image to be professionally framed. A couple months later, I created this image for the 2014 Bangor State Fair. The two images are nearly identical, as I intended. However, they are different enough that you can tell them apart. Areas where colors are mixed are where the differences are the most obvious. As for the Bangor State Fair: just like the other images I entered that year, this one won a blue ribbon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment