Thursday, August 20, 2020

Anchored Sailboat [Acrylic Paint] Description:

For Christmas in 2014, Mema gave me a set of acrylic paints and a four pack of 12×12 canvas boards. A few months later, I brought these materials with me to Stockton Harbor and set up shop at one of the picnic tables. I then began to create an image of the view in front of me. I sketched the outlines for the vessel and the land behind it, and then began to add the paint. However, soon after I started to apply said paint, it became time to return home. I continued to work on this image in various locations, using up most of the paints in both green and light blue in the process. Once completed, I entered the image into the 2015 Bangor State Fair and it won a blue ribbon. Not bad for a first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment