One evening on December 23, 2013; I was working on creating two copies of this picture which were to be christmas gifts. On that night there was a storm that not only took out the electricity, but also caused a branch to crush the shed. So I had to continue working on this image by candlelight. I added the lobsterboat from one of my previous images to fill in some space and sort-of tie the pictures together. Is there such thing as a canon for artwork? Dispite having to finish the picture by candlelight, it was completed in time for christmas. And a few months later, I created a third copy for the 2014 Bangor State Fair, though it wasn't actually entered. It was this picture that I would later scan and publish on Redbubble™.
As for the shed, it is still broken to this day.
No comments:
Post a Comment