Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Rowboat on the Beach [Graphite Pencil] Description:
You may have noticed that next to the rowboat there is a curved line which doesn't appear to have a purpose. What is it? Why is it there? I shall explain: Back then I didn't have the best luck with boats. Every time I tried to create an image of one, it sailed away. This was no exception. When I was working on this image in Stockton Springs, the owner of the boat returned and rowed back to his larger vessel before I could finish. I asked him to wait, but he didn't listen. I was however, able to mostly finish it because the rowboat was still visible from the shore. But because it was on the water, I was unable to add oarlocks or the anchor. Which is why there is an anchorline but no anchor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment