Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Apples in the Dark [Acrylic Paint] Description:

In fall 2015, Obrianna had me create an image from a photograph of three apples in a dark setting.
This was done in graphite pencil and turned out terrible because my darkest pencils could not make the background dark enough. Which resulted in the image having poor contrast.
Two years later, when I was looking for ideas for new pictures to eventually be published on Redbubble™,
I decided to create a better version of that image which would actually do justice to the source material.
This time, I created the image using acrylic paint. And I also made good use of the canvas board that was given to me in Belfast. I chose to use it not only because it was the only thing I had that would fit on the scanner, but because it was ment to have a masterpiece created on it, so why not this one?
Work began during the 2017 Christmas season, and was completed in late winter 2018. However,
one thing of interest to note is because I didn't have a pen with white ink, I had to add my signature digitally.

No comments:

Post a Comment