Friday, August 23, 2019
Seagull [Graphite Pencil] Description:
Soon after completing Nauset Lighthouse [Acrylic Paint], it occurred to me that I didn't have a graphite pencil image prepared for the upcoming 2017 Bangor State Fair. So after considering a few possibilities, I began searching for a photograph of a seagull. I then choose one and printed it. Within about a month or so I worked on creating this image. Though I finished it before the deadline, I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the image. But in order to have something under that category, I entered the hastily created picture into the Bangor State Fair, and it received the red ribbon that it deserved. If I had more time to complete the image, and wasn't rushing to finish before the deadline; I probably would have added some more detail in the feathers. And definitely more detail in the rock that keep being mistaken for a log. This was the last time I entered projects into the Bangor State Fair. But unfortunately, it would not be the last time I rushed to complete a picture before the deadline.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment