Saturday, March 28, 2020

Drought at Treworgy's [Graphite Pencil] Description:

The second half of 2016 was much drier than usual. A drought some would say. Because of this, the pond at Treworgy Family Orchards was drained in order to water the crops. When I visited the place in late September, I photographed the scene along with many other things as usual. I knew not what the significance of that photograph would be. Half a year later when preparing for the 2017 Bangor State Fair; I chose said photograph for my entry in the photography category, and it received a blue ribbon. Towards the end of 2018, after completing Cruseship Independence in Belfast Harbor [Acrylic Paint]: I figured there was time for one more picture before the release of Wave VII. However, as the deadline drew closer, it became clear that I may not be able finish in time just working on it a few hours every other week. So I resorted to doing some work on it at home [in less than ideal conditions] in between visits to Mema's house. You would think that I would have learned my lesson about rushing things through production, but I ended up doing it anyway. This resulted in a lack of quality in the trees among other things. In my haste to get it done in time, I even went as far as to sign the image without showing it to Mema first, something which I now regret. I should have known better than to do something like that! I guess I thought that there was always next time. I should have known, that there would not be, a next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment