Friday, April 17, 2020

Painting Imposter [Computer Graphics] Description:

On the border between Heritage Park and Consumers Fuel Marina, there is a wooden wall that holds elevated land in place. Attached to that wall is a ladder that is usually inaccessible except perhaps by boat. In August 2015 during one of my visits to Belfast, the tide just so happened to be low enough for the wooden ladder to be accessible. So I took the opportunity to climb up to the corner of the wall and use my camera to photograph many things at angles that I previously was unable to get. Many months later when preparing for the 2016 Bangor State Fair, I opened one of the photographs in Paint.NET and modified it to look like some kind of painting. Hence the reason for naming the image "Painting Imposter" when I entered it under the Computer Graphics category.
In April 2019 when making the altered photograph available on Redbubble™, a minor problem became clear: my photographs are too small to be used on some products. True: on two occasions I did temporarily use a photograph of the artwork as a placeholder when I couldn't get it scanned in time, but what about when the original is a photograph? For about three months I used the original file, until I eventually found and scanned the print from the fair and used it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment