Saturday, February 16, 2019

The Pawn [Charcoal] Description:

I don't exactly remember when I created this image, but I do remember that it was the first one to use charcoal and white chalk pastel combined.
The pawn used to create this picture was from a wooden chess set I had at the time,
of which all but the board is now gone.
Because I created this image on one of the pages of my sketchbook, like Wood Pattern Flower [Graphite Pencil] I created a larger version of the image in preparation for the 2014 Bangor State Fair.
I think it was in late spring of 2014 when I created this larger image in Heritage Park in Belfast.
Across the picnic table from me someone else was painting a picture of the nearby scenery.
Quite a fine image it was, I must say.
I told her that all it was missing was a frame and somewhere to display it.
She later gave me one of here spare canvas boards to create a masterpiece with.
Because of how many pictures I was entering into the fair, this image was entered under the category of Creativity Unlimited, but won a blue ribbon nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment